I’m undecided why the heck it took me 7 years of running a blog about pure meals (that’s 7 vacation seasons) to consider utilizing pomegranates to embellish cookies. After all, I’ve used them atop Christmas crostini and even vacation hummus, however come on Jeanine, it’s December and what we actually want are cookies! These tahini almond cookies are such yummy little treats… in addition they occur to be vegan and gluten free.
For this put up, we’re partnering, as soon as once more, with POM Great as a result of if I haven’t said it sufficient on this weblog through the years – we expect pomegranates ARE great! 🙂 These cute little POM POMS arils deliver such a candy pop of taste, plus who doesn’t love a little bit antioxidant enhance by the use of dessert?
This cookie dough is made with almond flour as the bottom, tahini because the binder, and maple syrup because the sweetener. To reinforce the almond I used almond extract as an alternative of the vanilla that I’d usually use. And to make them further good, I spiced them with cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger. These flavors are so beautiful with the nutty tahini.
This can be a tremendous simple one-bowl recipe. Simply combine the dough, scoop them, and evenly flatten them (they gained’t unfold an excessive amount of within the oven).
And embellish them! I can’t recover from the little ruby purple gems. These make me so completely happy!
POM POMS (POM Great’s model of arils, or seeds, derived from recent pomegranates), can be found now by means of January in handy four.three and Eight-ounce packs. Discover them within the minimize fruit produce part of most grocery shops.
These cookies freeze nicely. Make an additional batch (pictured are 2 batches), and freeze any that you just may need leftover. Or higher but, deliver them to a vacation cookie swap to share.
Tahini & Pomegranate Almond Cookies
- ¾ cup tahini*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon floor cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla till easy. Add the almond flour and sprinkle the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, baking powder, and salt evenly over the combination. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir till nicely mixed.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and use your arms to roll it into balls. Place them on the baking sheet and press right down to flatten barely. Sprinkle with pomegranates and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or till evenly browned. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Be aware: I made two batches of cookies for these photographs – they freeze nicely so I really like having further round!
Particular due to POM Great for partnering on this put up!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS GREAT SOURCE